Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Orientation: Day 1

          Ah! I can't believe that I've already been living the Harry Potter life for a week. My nerves have resided a lot. I cooked in a crock pot for the  first time and I found a part-time childcare position. But, nothing can compare to being able to say that I've officially had my first day of seminary!!

First Day of Seminary Photo Booth!

          After morning worship, we joined Dr. Stephen Ray in discussing our summer read: Blessed are the Peacemakers. It's a book that documents the movement and life of the church during the civil rights struggle in the MLK era. Dr. Ray expressed his hope for us all to realize that we are not the future of the church, but instead... we are the church in the future. It's a hopeful statement that is loaded with so much responsibility! If I am the only Bible that someone reads... what am I showing to them?
          We then met with our advisers for lunch and moved on to the Piven Theatre Workshop. This time was devoted to getting to know a smaller group of our class. Through improv games, touch and working together, we began relationship building. 

Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary
Class of 2016

          Somehow at the end of the day, I was exhausted! We closed the day out with a class photo, student activity fair as well as a student BBQ. I can't wait to get back at it tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment