Sunday, July 31, 2016

Orison Over Omelets

This morning, as Tony was making my omelet, he said to me, "No one wants to be working on a Sunday. If I wasn't here, I'd probably be in church." I replied, "Yea, me too." He looked a bit shocked. I went on to explain to him that I am one of the chaplains in the hospital and that I spend my days wandering the halls of the hospital worshipping, praying and visiting with patients. Tony asked me to offer a prayer for him. In front of the line of patrons, I reached over the sneeze guard to take Tony's hands and offered prayer for him. He thanked me, boxed my food and I went on my way.

I am often surprised by these chance conversations and don't think I would/could want to do anything else with my life.


In the grip of God's Grace,
Pastor Anitta +♡

No comments:

Post a Comment